Pregnant, lab tests show positive for chlamydia, prescribed azithromycin. Is it safe for the baby?

Hi. Last Tues I was called in to my Doctors office for my la results and turns out I came back positive for chlamydia . I am 11 weeks pregnant and he prescribed 4 500 mg of azithromycin i tab bid and said it was completely safe for the baby. My partner went and got treated as well to be on safe side. We have not had sex since but i still have some icky discharge . Is this normal? Is my body still trying to get rid of the bacteria? I am worried since I am pregnant.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012