Pregnant, in third trimester, have intermittent period like pains, had bleeding during bowel movement. Normal?

hi i am 35 weeks pregnant today with my first baby, the past weeek ive experienced period like pains on and off and a aching in my side, also last week i went to the toilet for a bowel movement and began to bleed but soon stopped minutes later and the same thing happened this morning, im assuming because of the straining but is this ok? as i didnt think any bleeding vaginally is ok
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Any bleeding vaginally at this stage of pregnancy could be due to problems in the placental position or slight separation of membranes. It could have happened due to excess straining. Mild contractions, known as spurious labor, occur at this stage, especially in the first pregnancy. They usually subside with no harmful effect but if they persist, help should be sought. I advice you to visit your doctor once for a checkup. Take care.