Pregnant, in second trimester, ultrasound showed a mark on the baby's lung. What is the cause and consequences?

hi my name is anam.i am 20 weeks ultrasound was 4 days before.the next day my family dr told me about a mark on the left lung of my baby. i am worried about the she said that she will refer me to a specialist but its hard for me to pass time.can you please tell me what are these spots and why they appear?the size os spot is 1.1cm.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
A spot of almost 1cm in size on the baby's lung could be due to an abnormal focus of calcification. It is not likely to be associated with any congenital malformations. Please do not worry. Most of the times it is a benign non progressive finding.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal