Pregnant, in 2nd trimester, had spotting, no pain, prescribed Duvadilan Retard. What is its function?

hello sir, My wife is in 25th week of pregnancy. Yesterday, she had few spot of bloods and it has stopped. She is having no pain, cramps etc. Consulted the doctor and he prescribed Duvadilan Retard and an USG after 3 days. Presently she is only taking Iron, Folic Acid and calcium medication. What is the purpose of this new medicine and can it cause any harm/side effects to the mother or the baby.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012