Pregnant, hypothyroid, bilateral unilateral galactorrhea, have severe breathing problems. Advised cessation of hcg and progestrone, prescribed biotic, folic acid. Are they safe?

My wife is pregnant . LMP 8feb. she is taking 50mcg thryoxine as she had hypothyroidism and bilateral unilateral galactorrhea for last 3yrs. We planned for a baby in jan only and without any problem she conceived. Surprisingly tsh level last week was 5.1 and t4, t3 were normal. She was prescribed progestrone 500mg (weekly) and hcg 2000iu (biweekly) injection. After getting the second opinion with another doctor i came to know that hcg is not good and there is no any correlation between the drug and preventing abortion. Further after taking medicie she has developed some side effects like breathing problem. When i discussed this with the doctor she adivised me to stop hcg as well as progestrone. as per usg conditon of the embroy is very good. but the breathing problem continues. she has been prescribed biopreg tablet : botin 5mg and folic acid 5mg. Is there any side effect of excess dose of biotin . is the prescribed dose safe. thank you
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012