Pregnant, hydrothorax. Anatomy scan shows extra fluid in baby's left lung. Chances of infection?

Hi, I m a healthy 29 year old and currently 22 weeks pregnant. I went for my Anatomy scan yesterday and the doctor found extra fluid behind the baby s left lungs. Everything else was healthy and the baby otherwise looks good. She said it s hydrothorax and that I need an amnio to drain out the fluid asap and also take a sample for testing to see what s causing the fluid to build up. I forgot to mention to the doctor that I ve been sick with a cold ( sore throat and cough ) for about 2 weeks now. Could this have caused an infection in my baby? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012