Pregnant, heavy bleeding post sex, brown discharge, braxton hicks. First stage labor?

I am 39 weeks pregnant. After sex last night, I had a heavy bright red blood flow that slacked off after a few minutes. I did not give this any thought until this morning when the blood is still there, but also mixed with a brownish discharge . I feel no cramping or pressure other than Braxton-Hicks. The baby has already dropped, but I NEVER bled with my first child and only had light pink discharge at the loss of my mucus plug. Am I simply going into the beginning of first stage labor, or is it something more serious?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012