Pregnant having thread worm infestation. Will worm medication harm the baby?

i am 37 weeks pregnant just found out my 4 year old has thread worms i am panicking incase i have them as i could deliver my baby at any time. i have no symptoms and ive cleaned my home throughly my other 2 children and husband have all been treated . is it dangerous for me to take medication or would my obg recommend a c section incase i have them and my baby gets them when im delivering.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Parasites such as thread worm bread in the intestines and pass out of stool. It doesn't affect pregnancy or your growing fetus. Further you do not need treatment even if you were infected with it till completion of pregnancy.

So do not worry.

If you suspect infestation you may get your blood and stool tested – if found positive, you can wait till completion of pregnancy and then take treatment for it.

Hope this answers your query.