Pregnant having hypothyroidism. Taking Utrogestan, increased in thyroid results. Side effects of Utrogestan?

Hi, I m from Vietnam. My wife has been pregnant of 10 weeks. She has been taking medications for hypothyroidism and her thyroid is stable before getting pregnant and until several weeks after pregnant. From last 2 week, her doctor asked her to take Utrogestan 200 mg then 300mg as she has 10% risks of miscarriage . Yesterday when we visited a endocrinologist - the doctor taking care of her thyroid for almost 3 years, blood test show that she was hypothyroidism again and he was very surprise but could not answer us why. Please could you advice if there is any side effect of Utrogestan to thyroidism. In addition, my wife is also taking Obimin which the doctor said it would supply iron. Thanks, Dung
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013