Pregnant having crying spells and mood swings. Will this affect the baby?

Hello, My wife is 3 months pregnant now , every day for sill reasons she is getting angry , feeling stress and start crying. We got married and almost 8 months now , along with my parents. Every day between my mom use to say something to my wife which hurts my wife and she feels alone and she dont talk to any body after that . day by day this problem is increasing and now it is very critical , she is mentally upset. Iam very upset with this and do no would it affect my baby . Could you please guide me how to solve this solution.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Hi Kamal,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Pregnancy makes a women weak and vulnerable and causes lots of hormonal changes in the woman's body.
This shift of hormones results in psychiatric manifestation like sleep deprivation, attention seeking, depression, anxiety and irritability.
It is difficult period in the life of your wife.
You should support her emotionally and give her time, take her for an outing, shopping, eat out because the boredom of household causes the problem to increase.
If she remains depressed does not eat enough due to sadness then it can affect the wellbeing of the baby also.
Your mother should be considerate, you should give emotional support to your wife in front of her so that your wife feels secure and your mother gets an indirect hint that unduely troubling the lady can irate you.
she will start controlling her behaviour for your wife automatically without your arguements.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!