I appreciate your query.
is a condition which is asymptomatic and will not cause you any problems in your pregnancy, unless it is complicated by heart defects, asplenia etc.
If you have associated complications such as cardiac defects or any other organ complications, then you need to see a specialist.
Although sinus inversus has a genetic component, most often it occurs as a rare and isolated event in a family.
Hence, please have your family tree charted for any such diseases, and also screen your partner for them.
Your baby also should have a proper cardiac evaluation in utero.
Regarding your sickness and vomiting, it is mostly unrelated to situs inversus.
No one knows exactly what causes the nausea of pregnancy. Most researchers believe it’s a combination of the many physical changes taking place in your body such as the higher levels of hormones during early pregnancy.
Nausea and vomiting usually begin around the 6th week of pregnancy. Although common in the morning, “morning sickness” can actually happen at any time of the day. For 80% of sufferers, this condition stops around the 12th week of pregnancy although queasiness can come and go throughout pregnancy. The other 20% will suffer from nausea and vomiting for a longer period of time. Some women may even have the condition until the end of their pregnancy.
Most women who suffer from NVP will see their condition interfere with usual daily activities. Many will have to change their daily schedule in some way in order to cope with their condition.
Most cases of nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy aren’t harmful to the mother and her unborn child.
About 1% of pregnant women suffer from excessive vomiting in pregnancy called “hyperemesis gravidarum”. In such cases, the lack of food, fluids and nutrients may be harmful to their health and the well-being of their baby. If left untreated, severe cases of NVP can lead to dehydration
Dehydration happens when the body does not have as many fluids as it should. This may be caused by losing too many fluids or not drinking enough. Severe cases of dehydration may require intravenous fluids and vitamin supplementation from the hospital. Seek medical attention if you suffer from signs of dehydration such as infrequent urination or dark yellow urine
When you first wake up, eat a few crackers and then rest for 15 minutes before getting out of bed.
Get up slowly and do not lie down right after eating.
Eat small meals or snacks often so your stomach does not become empty (for example, every 2 hours). Try not to skip meals.
Do not hesitate to eat whatever you feel like eating and eat whenever you want to. However, it is best to avoid cooking or eating spicy, fatty and fried foods.
If cooking odours bother you, open the windows and turn on the stove fan. If possible, ask someone else to cook the meals.
Try eating cold food instead of hot (cold food may not smell as strong as hot food).
Sniffing lemons or ginger can sometimes relieve an upset stomach.
Try and consume fluids at regular intervals.
Take regular folic acid
during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
combinations can help in reducing the nausea.
One possibility of intractable vomiting could be related to your appendix problems. Please provide proper surgical details of the procedure carried out in Ecuador, and if the sickness persists in spite of treatment described above, please consult a specialist surgeon.
Also, see your gynecologist for your ultrasound
and more specific advice.
Best of luck !