Pregnant, have pericorontis abscess, on amoxicillin, pain and facial swelling, difficulty in eating solid food. Is it safe to drain the abscess?

hi im 7 months pregnant and have a pericorontis abscess due to a longstanding infected and impacted wisdom tooth . ive had this infection for about 2 years and its just now abscessed during my pregnancy. im on my 2nd day of amoxicillan and the swelling and pain has gotten worse, not better. im in excruciating pain and my face is swollen i cannot eat solid foods . i cannot open and close my mouth. and im having difficulty talking due to swelling and pain. should i go to er? and can an abscess like this be drained during pregnancy?? i understand the only thing that will truely cure this problem is an extraction but was told i have to wait untill im done breastfeeding to do so. im worried that this oral infection will send me into preterm labor if i cant get rid of it. ive also had staph and MRSA in the past so needless to say this lingering infection is very scary to me... in my case, could this end up being a life threatening problem should i even bother going to dentist or should i go straight to ER? PLEASE HELP ME
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012