Pregnant, have low placenta. Would car travel be safe?

Hi I am 21 weeks pregnant and was told 2 weeks ago my placenta was low. This is my secong pregnancy and I had never heard about low placenta before. My doctor didn t explain anything to me about it...but once home I looked it up on google and got a little sacred of what I was reading. I am planning to travel from Florida to Boston at the end of next week by car ( in 3 days) or by train ( a 24hrs ride). I have called my doctor to ask if it was safe. The nurse took the message and never called me back...although I left 3 other messages after that...what do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
It is not safe to take a long journey like the one you are planning with a low lying placenta. Such a travelling can cause a bleeding due to the stress. It is best to delay the journey till delivery or wait for the placenta to shift to the upper segment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal