Pregnant, have high TSH, advised increase in dosage. Will it affect the baby?

Hi, I am 6 weeks pregnant and have TSH as 7.5. I am currently on 50mcg. My dosage has been increased by my OB to 75. Before 50 mcg, I was on 88mcg. Kindly let me know if i should take second opinion on thyroxine dosage. Could this TSH have caused any issue for my baby?? Should I be concerned? I was told earlier that as long as I am on med, baby will suck the required amt of tsh from me and I needn t worry. Please help..
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012