Pregnant, have clogged ears, severe cough, congested. What will help clear clogging?

I am coming up to 40 weeks this Monday and this last Wednesday all of a sudden my ear just clogged up. I have been having this horrible cough and just started some robotosen (spelling?) to help but now i also am congested. I have tried proxoide in the ear to clean it but it does not help. I was wondering if there is something i can do to help get rid of the clogging
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012

With these symptoms you can try oral anti-histaminics.These will relieve congestion as well as plugged ear. Actually plugged ears are due to blocked Eustachian tube and putting medications in ear won't help.

Steam inhalation can be extremely helpful. In fact it can alone relieve your symptoms.

But do take medication after consultation with your doctor.Regards