Pregnant, have chronic hypertension, advised stopping nicardia retard, increased alphadopa dosage. How can I control during pregnancy?

Is Nicardia retard safe in pregnancy?I have chronic Hypertension ,As I am 28 weeks pregnant my midwife has been giving me Alphadopa 250mg thrice a day and added nicardia retard 20mg twice a day because alphadopa alone was not helping earlier my BP was 140/100 now its 140/80. Now another doctor suggested me that i should only take alphadopa 250mg four times a day. Is it safe to leave nicardia retard randomly. Please advise me about this matter also how can i control my BP in pregnancy.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012