Pregnant, have black blood spotting since early pregnancy that starts on stopping Utrogestan. Should I continue with this?

Hi, my name is Jodi and I am 16w 4days pregnant. I have been spotting almost black blood since the second month of pregnancy which used to appear maybe twice a week. I have since changed Dr s and my new one did an internal as well as a papsmear and now I have been spotting almost everyday. He prescribed Utrogestan, one in the morning and one at night but ONLY when the spotting starts and when there is no spotting I must not take anything. Well, I have since stopped taking Utrogestan twice and each time I stop I start spotting the same day. Should I continue with this indefinitely? He did say I have a low lying placenta but doesn t believe that is the cause of the bleeding .
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013