Pregnant, had bleeding, has habit of frequent smoking cigrattes and drugs. Has damage already been done to the unborn?

My 19 year old friend is a little over 3 months pregnant. She is a frequent smoker of cigarettes, as well as real and fake marijuana. She has been getting high every day so far that she has been pregnant. She went to the hospital once due to high bleeding; but was released the next morning. She smoke the fake weed more than anything. Has the damage already been done to her unborn baby? Or if she stops now (Highly Doubtful she would) would there still be a chance of the baby being moderately ok? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns for your friend. A foetus is most likely to be exposed to a medication that can be teratogenic in the first trimester of pregnancy. Unfortunately your friend has been in this window period when she was smoking weed. I advise you to have her stop smoking weed now, and consult an OBGYN and a psychiatrist to help deal with the situation. I wish you the very best in your endeavors.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!