Pregnant, had bleeding after sex, thought of miscarriage, later tests confirmed pregnancy. Twin that died or blood clot?

Hello, I became pregnant November 21st 2012. I had sex December 21st 2012. I had heavy bleeding about a week and a half after the last time I had sex. I thought for sure I miscarried, so I just cried, and moved on. Today I went to the doctor because I thought I might have mono ( with my mother who knows none of this) and the doctor asked me if I was pregnant because it really seems like it and I said no I can t be. So she pressed on my stomach , and heard my symptoms, and was very much thought I was pregnant, but I told her no. Now I am home, and thinking, was it just a twin that died? Was it just a blood clot? What if I am still pregnant? Help please.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Well your doctor should have conducted an ultrasound examination to confirm the pregnancy, why was that not conducted ummediately if the doctor suspected pregnancy?

Anyway, both your possibilities are plausible, and if you have not had your period since the incident,- then the chances of pregnancy still exist. Please request for an ultasound examination to confirm your pregnancy and also please take care.

Best wishes.