Pregnant, had D&C abortion. Bleeding for four weeks, periods after abortion heavy with clots. Can I conceive in the future?

I had a d&c abortion about 7 weeks ago. after the abortion I bled for about 4 weeks, sometimese heavier than others. I passed some clotts and once I passed some tissue . I now have my first period since the abortion and it is extremely heave and I am passing a lot of clotts that feel big. is this normal or should I be worried that something went wrong. I am very concered with being infertile from the abortion as I do want to have kids in the future
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012