Pregnant following frozen embryo transfer. Got brown particles after inserting progesterone capsule, itching near vagina. Reason?

Hi Doctor, Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant, my Frozen emroyo transfer done on 20/12/2012. I had slight bleeding 2 times (one time flow) in last week.We taking the injection prolutoion now because of bleeding.after that no bleeding come.Both embroyos shows heart beat in last week scanning. Last 2 days in the morning i am getting slight red colour and brown particles when i am wiping with tissue after putting the progestron soft gelatin capsules through vagina .Also some times i am feeling very itchy near the vagina.Can you explain what is this and any medicin to take ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
After FET, some amount of bleeding / spotting is to be expected.
THis is due to procedural handling.
ALso, spotting in the first trimester , specially after ART, is also common.
COngratulations as both embryos showed a heart beat !
After documentation of a cardiac activity, chances of a miscarriage tremendously decrease.
Some spotting might be persisting even now.
So do not worry.
The itching is a side effect of the progesterone soft gelatin capsules
You can switchover to a gel ( eg. Crinone ) once infection has been ruled out.
Be patient, and adhere to medications, as you have had a tenuous journey, and a little bit more trouble will reward you well.
All the best.