Pregnant, due date nearing, have pressure pains, difficulty in walking, swollen vagina. What should be done?

Hi my names kaitlyn and I m pregnant and my due date is march 4th only like 2 weeks away and i have been having pressure pains down below hurts to walk sometimes and i have to stop walking for a minute. Well today i realized my private area was swollen feels like it too. I was at the drs last monday i go every week she checked my cervix and i was only dilated 1 cm i don t go back to drs for 3 days which is wednesday afternoon. Do you think I m going into labor very soon or do you know what i should do?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Hi there
From the history that you have provided it seems that the baby has descended into the pelvis recently. From this time onwards pregnant women may feel some pressure while walking and sitting. You may try to lie down on your side to relieve the pressure. Most deliveries during first pregnancy happen in the two weeks preceding the due date. Thus you may need to keep a bag ready, in case you have to rush to the hospital. Best strategy is to relax and wait for things to happen naturally.

Hope I addressed your concerns.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Swati Pathade's  Response
Hi yes your doubt is correct you have to go to ur doctor . now you might be in latent phase of labour. & soon u will be bless by baby boy or baby girl. All the Best