Pregnant, diagnosed with lower urt, advised tankorex. History of allergy to pencillin. Is it safe?

Hello, today is 13th day since I got sick with lower respiratory tract infection as my JP doctor said on my appointment last monday. I had swolen tongs, could not swallow any food as it was so painfull and running nose. I am 20th week on pregnancy, my Jp doctor told me to take antibiotics called tankorex but I know that it is not safe for a baby and did not take it. I have alergy to antibiotic group called penecilin. Also it is already a week I have stuffy nose with green muscus mixed with blood. Feel weekness. Feels like it is not going away even I didtry to drink lots of camel tea, with ginger and honey, had hot salty bath for my feets. I do work as well and dont really know if it is better to stay home and take antibiotics I had prescribed before.. Could you advice me please ? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013

thanks for query.

As you are in second trimester of pregnancy,you can take antibiotic those are safe in pregnancy.

Go to gynae and take appropiate antibiotic which is safe in pregnancy.

Get sputum test done.

Steam inhalation is effective.

Take some rest.

Take vitamin-c.

take plenty of water orally.

take care.