Pregnant, diagnosed with UTI. Taking cefalexin. Urine culture shows psuedomonas aeruginosa. Treatment?

hi! im 8weeks pregnant and i had an UTI infection, my Dr. gave me a medication for that and that was a cefalexin . afterwards my Dr advised me to undergo with Urine Culture and suddenly it was found out that im positive for psuedomonas aeruginosa. for my history of work presently im not exposed in hospital nor swimming activities. So i am so worried how i got this kind of bacteria. and now i am getting worried too coz im pregnant. The Dr. tells me about the risks factor of this for my baby and for myself..But as ive search trough net and read those cases that i was related i felt less worries coz it can be treat and its not a type of illness which can cause death. Can you please give me a wide and very broad explanation about this kind of situation?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012