Pregnant, dark brown spotting. Prescribed duphaston medication to stop bleeding. Will medication harm the foetus?

Hi, I m age of 35 and in 9 week of pregnancy. This is the 1st pregnancy for me. For the pass 3 days during 8th week of pregnancy i have dark brown spot and its disappear after 3 days. When i consult the Dr, he gave me Duphaston 10MG to stop the uterine bleed .He said then medicine can recover the hormons and strengthen the placenta . When i google about the medicine, it seems it has been band in certain western countries. My q s is is there any effect for fetus . Does it harm my baby. Is this medicine realy save to consume? Please advice. Thank You.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012