Pregnant, constipation, bloating, high thyroid levels. Prescribed eltroxin. What dosage must I take to ensure a safe pregnancy?

HI DOCTOR. I M 34 YRS OLD DIAGNOSED CASE OF HYPOTHYROIDISM TAKING 25 mg ELTROXIN .NOW I M 8 WKS PREGNANT BY DATES AND HAVIND PAIN EPIGASTRUM,BURNING , BLOATING AND CONSTIPATION. TODAY MY TSH REPORT SHOWED RAISED (8mIU/L.) MY GYNAECOLOGIST ADVIDED TO INCREASE DOSE TO 50 MG SHOULD I TAKE 50 mg IN MORNING BEFORE FOOD OR I SHOULD TAKE 25 mg BD. MY USG SHOWS FETUS OF 6.4 WKS LESSER THAN DATES.WHICH PRECAUTION SHOULD I TAKE TO HAVE GOOD CONTROL OF MY THYROID AND SAFE PREGNANCY .KINDLY ADVISE.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012