Pregnant, burnt roof of mouth after eating hot chocolate, teeth soreness. What can fix this?

Hello, I ve done something really silly and burned the roof of my mouth just behind my front teeth with hot chocolate the area is very red/purple and extremely painful!! I m unable to eat anything and my teeth feel sore and sensitive now!! I have been advised by a pharmacy not to use bonjela cool as I am 20 weeks pregnant and the ingredient is not safe to be using? How long will it take to heal is there anything I can use safely to ease the discomfort??
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012