Pregnant, brown discharge. Ultrasound showes irregular gestational sac. Breast tenderness, lower back pain

Hi there, By my calculation, I am 5weeks and 3 days pregnant (from LMP). I had some pinkish brownish discharge on Wednesday that was kind of like the consistency of egg whites and a little bit of cramping. I went to the hospital. They took blood and said my HCG was at 9380 which would confirm between 3-5 weeks pregnant. I was told to go back the next day for an ultrasound . What they have found is this: It contains an irregular collapsing gestational sac with a yolk sac but no well formed embryo . The appearance is in keeping with a failed pregnancy and in the setting of bleeding , an incomplete abortion . The discharge has now stopped. I haven t had any cramping. My tenderness in the breasts and lower back ache still continues. I have read that the embryo does not usually appear until 5 and half to 6 and a half weeks. Could it just be early? I am going back to see the OB next week. They ve asked me not to eat or drink anything past midnight the night before and my appointment is at noon. Will they be doing another ultrasound?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013