Pregnant, baby is still on transverse lie position, doctor planned cesarian delivery. Is it safe?

Respected sir/madam, I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby is still on transverse lie position and will not change position because of low lying placenta and accurate uterus . My doctor has planned ceserian delivery on 38 weeks , because of risk of position water might not break or shoulder might not come first, so my main question is is it safe for my baby to get delivered on 38 weeks or one more weeks is good for baby, also kindly specify what will happen if water breaks or shoulder comes first . Kindly advise me with ur valuable opinion. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013