Pregnant and having yellowish discharge from nipple

I have noticed from 5 days that, there is whiteish yellowish discharge fromt he nipple. It doesnot look like copletely milk, it it little thick when copared to milk and it is not completely white it is slightly yellowish. What is this coming from the nipple. Iam now 6 month pregnnet. this is my first pregnency.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Sep 2009
  Anonymous's Response
hello doctor !! i have a problem in my vagina.. as in, it puts out a chunky yellowish discharge after few days of masturbation ... This only happens if i don't wash it off immediately (when masturbating that is).. and then it starts to itch really badly and the discharge becomes worse.. the only way i can stop this, is to wait for my period to start or stop touching my genitals completely. why is this happening doctor??
i think it is normal..but its better u check with the doctor once ..
  Anonymous's Response

it is common to have this. even i had this yellow color discharge coming from my nipple when i was pregnant. i had it till i delivered the baby, after that few days later it satrted coming a smilk. my doctor said not to worry is "calostram" or something like that  which babies need to be able to fight against infection.

i think its normal milky fluid only. not to worry. keep the breast clean, this is more than enough.
it is your body preparing food for your baby. breast is preparing milk for your baby. initially it will be like that only. it is not complete milk.the complete milk will come only after delivery of your baby. keep the nipples clean. dont put too harsh soap. use mild cleansers and try keeping them dry.