Pregnant and experienced finger tingling. Why does it hurt with visible veins?

Hello, I m 7 weeks pregnant and a couple days ago I experienced an extreme tingle in my finger tips . Today I felt the same sensation, almost as they were asleep from being slept on which lasted for a couple my entire right arm hurts and my veins are a very bright visible blue throughout my arm and hands...I m also feeling a bit light headed...or as if my head weighs 50 pounds and I can t keep it up.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. tingling in fingers during pregnancy could be due to water retention causing carpal tunnel syndrome [but as only 7 week are there it couldn't be the cause].Try wearing a hand splint at night -- it will keep your hands and wrists immobile while you sleep so you won’t be bending and compressing blood flow.
2. Sometimes with low calcium level for which women are more prone during pregnancy can result in tingling.
3. could be the added pressure of the weight you are gaining, on the spinal cord, causing nerve compression and resulting tingling.
4. Consult your Attending Physician or seek a gynecologist opinion for Orthopedic Consultation for any Vascular pathology/disease!

PS: It’s likely due to swelling that compresses nerves in the wrists, and it tends to get worse as the pregnancy progresses.” So it’s probably nothing to be worried about. But in some cases, it could be a symptom of anemia, carpal tunnel syndrome or sciatica.