Pregnant. Why bleeding in dark? Why did next ultrasound show empty sac?

Hi, I m 31 had 2 kids the youngest is 4 now. My last period was on 28 June and yesterday had an U/s which showed I m 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. On 11 of august had intercourse with my husband and it was deep penetration, next day in the evening I had bleeding which filled a pad it was dark red and like a rubber but stopped and continued to be very light till today if I use the toilet and push the blood appears as a line and discontinue , it s dark red in colour and rubbery, next day I went for an u/s which showed I m 4 weeks 5 days and my sac was still empty. Till date 14/8 I m still having light bleeding appears only of I m in the toilet and it s dark red and rubber type. Is everything going to be alright , my dr. Asked me to come next week for another u/s but I m so worried and time is killing. I want my baby to be sAfe
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012

Please do not worry. Take adequate rest and repeat the ultrasound scan after a week. Let us hope that all will be well with the baby.

It is too early to say anything about the fetus and most doctors do not predict this.

By good thought says that the fetal pole will be seen soon and also the fetal heart.

All the best.