Pregnant. Ultrasound shows no fetal pole or cardiac activity. Is the fetus alive?

Hello Doctor, i am 8weeks pregnant now. At my 5th week ultrasound scanning there was no fetal pole and no cardiac activity seen. Then doctor adviced to follow up scan after 2weeks. The specific doctor i consulted is out of state now. I am panic whether cardiac activity is formed or not. Is there any chance of carrying fetus without cardiac activity through 8weeks of pregnancy? I dnt have got miscarriage , so does this mean the fetus is alive? Please advise ....
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013