Pregnant. Ultrasound scan, no heartbeat detected in fetus. Can I know the gender of my baby?

Hi I ve just found out at 10wks my baby hasn t got a heartbeat anymore after having an eary scan which it did, I m going to have an ERPOC next week I think its best for me can i find the gender of my baby out then I feel it Will help me say goodbye properly I m having another scan before I have Any treatment,incase they have got it wrong,
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there is no chance to tell you the sex of baby
it is crime in india to tell the gender of the faetus
if the ultrasound tells the condition of baby is bad a medical termination can be possible but not on basis of gender