Pregnant. Ultrasonography done. Is this a rare case or general?

i am pregnant 8 week 6 days in my ultrasonography of pelvis - monochrionic diaminotic twins gestation of twin -1 =8 weeks 06 days and twin 2 = 6 weeks 01 days measure of 1st twin CRL 20.3 and 2nd is CRL 4.6 1st twin with good cardiac pulsation 2nd no cardiac pulsation see as yet please tell me in detail this is a rare case or general...
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Hello dear,
This is not a rare case. Very often pregnancy begins as a twin pregnancy, then one embryo fails to survive, slowly it gets absorbed on its own without any harm to the surviving baby. The surviving baby will most likely be healthy and deliver at term. Consult your doctor, who may advice regular ultrasonography, to monitor the babies.
hope for the best.