Pregnant. Took Betnosol injection. Tested negative GCT and GTT. Does this injection cause diabetes?

Hi Doctor.. This is my 35th week of pregnancy (34+2) and my doctor advised Betnosol injection (12mg with 24 hour gap). I heard that this injection does good for the babies but can elevate my blood sugar levels. Is this elevation temporaray? Do I need to go for insulin shots? I just had my injection and my doctor told me to monitor my sugar levels for the next two days. What are the normal sugar levels I should be having? I am tested negative for GCT and GTT but has family history of diabetes (both dad and mom). Will my sugar levels be normal and please provide me tips to have a normal sugar level after the injection..
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013