Pregnant. Taking iron and calcium supplements. Will this fade the complexion?

Hi ,am now 25weeks pregnant.During the 3rd month i had taken a blood test which showed my haemoglobin to be 11.46.At the 20th week my doctor prescribed iron an d calcium supplements(each coated tablet contains 50mg of elemental iron).Since I have heard that iron tablets could darken your baby i havent taken the iron supplements properly.Is it true that iron could darken both mother n baby?whenever i had taken the supplement i had felt a fading in my complxion too..which makes me think the saying is true..please help
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013