Pregnant. Taking duphalac for constipation. Will it affect the unborn?

Hi Doctor. I would like to ask if it is safe to take Duphalac everyday while pregnant. My wife is 18 weeks pregnant and is due on July 25, 2013. She has a problem with constipation even before getting pregnant. Wtihout medication , it takes her more than 7 days to pass stool out that makes her feel bloated and uneasy. Even with enough food that is rich in fiber , she is stil constipated. Now with Duphalac, it gives her relief letting stool out more than 2 times per week, but we worry if the medication would affect the baby. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013