Pregnant. Swollen leg and feet, hurts while walking, avoided salt. Should i go for treatment?

hello! I am 26 weeks pregnant and my legs & feet have been swelling for about 2 weeks now. Currently my right foot hurts really bad by the arch and inside/ side of my foot. The top feels like jiggly when I am walking. It just started to swell worse on my right side & im sitting at work most of the time. Should I goto the doctors? I hate salt so I avoid it as much as possible. I have only been up & moving for about 2 1/2 hours & my right foot is already so swollen- that it looks like my ankle is broken & my top of my foot looks like a water bag is on top of it hanging over my toes! The left foot is not even half as bad as the right one?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Dear madame

swelling of feet is very common during pregnancy which should not be a worry. what i suggest is you put your feet in a raised position when you are sitting to work and put a pillow under your feet while sleeping. this will help with the swelling. you regular antenatal visit should be in a week or two and you should discuss this problem your doctor and see what she has to say. if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

take care