Pregnant. Suffering from dry cold. Any remedies?

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I have a really bad dry cold. I feel like a fish out of water....tried hot soup, hot teas and fluids, cold popsicles, frozen yogurt, ect.....nothing seems to help...I am desperately looking for something, anything that will give me enough relief...already missed two days of work this week and have 3 more to go.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Thanks for your question.
Pregnancy is not a contraindication to use antibiotics or cough syrups. Only thing that should be kept in mind is that one should avoid unsupervised use. I am not aware of your detailed medical history & examination finding so it is difficult to prescribe any medicine, but you can visit a gynecologist or even a physician to get a formal prescription that will cure you. You may try steam inhalation & honey mean time.
Hope I have given you the desired answer. You may contact me directly for any follow up question.
Best regards.