Pregnant. Started bleeding and diagnosed with low lying placenta. Is it safe to travel?

hellow doctor i am 13+ weeks of pregnancy....i had fresh bleeding 10days back..i was diagnosed low lying placenta ....posterior inferior margin above internal os.....since then no bleeding.....i took 9 days bed is my second gravida....i have 5years old i want to know how long i have to take bedrest much distance i can walk or travel....i am a working please help me.....thank u
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Low-lying placenta at this stage of pregnancy usually recedes into the upper segment as pregnancy advances and becomes asymptomatic. Since you had an episode of bleeding, you should take absolute bed rest until all the bleeding subsides and an examination reveals everything is normal with your pregnancy. Avoid sexual intercourse, stress and lifting weights. Travel is not at all advisable now. Allow some time for the pregnancy to settle and then continue your work after getting the advice from your doctor. Good luck.