Pregnant. Started blackish discharge. Test shows no infection and closed cervix. What could be the cause?

Hi...I am 21 weeks pregnant and have noticed a blackish discharge when I wipe after using the washroom..This has occurred a few times over the last 2 weeks. I went and saw my doctor about it last week, and they checked for any infections , etc, but said all was fine. Also, the cervix was closed, which was good.But I have had the discharge again today. What could be the issue here?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
May 2013
in pregnancy some amount of spotting can be seen,
as there will be increased blood supply to local organs that can cause spotting even on mild friction
your brown discharge may be because of that,
as you are not having symptoms like pain abdomen etc no need to bother but if your spotting increases or pain arises consult your doctor immediately.
take care.