Pregnant. Spotting, cough. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. How serious is this?

I am 6-7 weeks pergnant. have done my 1st sonoghraphy on 31st dec(two days back). Sonography reports are good. Today i saw some blood spoting which is very very slight. I also have severe cough . My Dr said bleeding might be due to cough & advised me a week rest. He has given me Tranexamic acid tablets for 3 days. I am taking progestrerone & folic acid regularly. How serious is this blood spoting & is it safe to take Tranexamic acid? My age is 27 & weight around 47 kg.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013