Pregnant. Sore ribs. Remedy?

Hi, I am 31 weeks pregnant and lately I cant sleep that well anymore. When I sleep on my left hand side for a little while my ribs get to be so sore on that side more to close to the spine, last night it got to the point where I couldn't sleep like that anymore so i changed to the right hand side, later the right ribs were feeling the same as well and I understand that I shouldn't sleep on my back. My ribs are currently still feeling uncomfortable even now. How can I remedy this situation? I must add that with my work I am more sitting than standing and I always have my feet up. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
The pain by the side of the rib that you are getting is likely to be due to a muscular pain. Such mild pain is commonly associated with pregnancy due to changes in the body posture. Mild pain killers and hot fomentation will help you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal