Pregnant. Severe pain in left rib area radiating to left mid-back, abdominal area. Ultrasound done. Reason?

i took my pregnant daughter to the er this weekend for severe left rib area pain radiating into left mid back and abdominal belly area. Stones were ruled out, baby okay. kidney ultrasound done and they report a spot on her left kidney. They said if pain returns she will need to see the surgeon. If no pain then she still folow up ultrasound after delivery and then the surgeon.What could this be? She was in horrible pain for 2 days.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012