Pregnant. Prescribed Ustrogestan. Histroy of miscarriage. Opinion?

Hi, I m hoping you can advise me: I had a miscarriage at 9 wks one year ago following cramps and spotting. I am now 6wks pregnant again and had my first dr appointment yesterday. The doctor told me everything looked fine from the scan. She took no blood tests, but sent me on my way with many boxes of ustrogestan 100mg. I m concerned if I really need to take it, as I don t know her reasons, other than one past miscarriage. I m only concerned because I currently live in Singapore where doctors unfortunately have a bad reputation for over prescribing. Thanks and looking forward to your opinion?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013