Pregnant. Prescribed Dexamethosone after ultrasound. Benefits of injection?

Hello, I’m 24 years old (35 + weeks) pregnant and my LMP:18/3/12, according to my first Ultrasound in fourth month of pragnancy my EDD: 28/12/12, my Gynae has now suggested that i take a dexamethasone injection 12mg dose repeat same day after 24 hours to help my baby s growth better. She also suggested for USG-FWB / EFBW and which turn out to be perfectly normal according to the Ultrasound Radiologist. Please suggest me should I take this injection ? and if I do what are benefits and side effects to myself and my unborn baby.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012