Pregnant. Pain in abdomen, soreness, dull ache. Gallbladder and liver problems. What is wrong?

I m aged 34 and 25 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy). I have a pain in my upper right abdomen that begins under my bra band (around the lowest rib), near the centre - I have had it for four weeks now. It is sore to touch in one specific place and the pain changes from being a sharp and stabbing (the feeling of tissue being ripped) to a dull ache sometimes. It hurts the more I move and specifically move my right arm or side. I ve had to take sick leave from work as this pain is so bad. The pain, by the end of the day, extends around my lower ribs, under my arm, up by back / shoulder blade and sometimes into my neck. I have had an ultra sound which has ruled out any problems with my gallbladder or liver. It did show up mild hydro nephrosis in my right kidney but I have been told that this would not explain the pain at the front. One doctor said it might be an epigastric hernia as the area was swollen, which was then ruled out by an ER consultant who said he thought it might be a stomach related issue due to the heartburn I ve been having. However, it doesn t feel like I imagine a stomach ulcer would feel. Plus the pain doesn t alter depending on what I ve eaten or when I ve eaten. I find relief when lying down but do experience a very mild, dull ache around my side  rib and back if I lie on my right side.  I have tried acupuncture for the pain but it hasn t helped yet.  I m concerned about how to manage the pain for the rest of my pregnancy. The baby hasn t been affected by this. 
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012