Pregnant. Lower back pain, difficulty in walking, don t have contractions. Can sciatica start at 39 weeks pregnancy?

Can sciatica start at 39 weeks pregnant? I have had back pain in my lower back (right side) for about 2 weeks but today the pain has spread into the right side of my buttock. My baby is completely engaged (1/5). I haven't had a show, my waters have not broken and I don't think I have had any contractions (even braxton hicks). Baby is still moving regularly. I can hardly walk. Also, when I walk I feel clicking in my pelvis/hip area... Please help! My midwife isn't very good at getting back to me.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013