Pregnant. Light spotting and pain after vaginal test. Any complication?

Today my doctor did a vag test that i got weeks earlyer same test, but this time it was very painful almost as if she was stabing me. Now im having light, (light colored pink) spotting. It also feels like a knife stabing me in there when i pee so bad i cry. And now im cramoing quite bad. This is our first and im kinda scared she hurt me by accident or the baby.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
You did not mention how many weeks pregnant you are. It is true that vaginal examination can be painful when proper lubrication is not applied and deep probing is done as in doing a pelvic assessment or a stripping of the membranes following which you may get some spotting. If you are near term, there is not much to worry about, provided you have an upper segment placenta, but, if not so, report to your doctor immediately. Good luck.